Monday, November 14, 2016

**REVIEW** Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton



Rating: 3.5 Stars


Blurb

Roxie Callahan is a private chef to some of Hollywood’s wealthiest, and nastiest, calorie-counting wives. After a dairy disaster implodes her carefully crafted career in one fell ploop, she finds herself back home in upstate New York, bailing out her hippie mother and running the family diner.

When gorgeous local farmer Leo Maxwell delivers her a lovely bunch of organic walnuts, Roxie wonders if a summer back home isn’t such a bad idea after all. Leo is heavily involved in the sustainable slow food movement, and he likes to take his time. In all things. Roxie is determined to head back to the west coast as soon as summer ends, but will the pull of lazy fireflies and her very own Almanzo Wilder be enough to keep her home for good?

Salty. Spicy. Sweet. Nuts. Go on, grab a handful.
 

Review

I enjoy this book, it was adorable. I can't say I loved it, but I did finish it. and it had quite a few laugh out loud moments. Roxie is a celebrity chef in hollywood. She ends up losing her job and having to return to her home town and help her mother run there small restaurant. 
Its there she meets a farmer - Leo. They have chemistry, there is no denying that. I wont give to much away, but I'll leave you with a few snippets that I loved most from the book. 

"I'll see you around here for sure. Maybe you'll show up at my backdoor with your nuts again" 

"Are those nuts in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me" 

One final note, be prepared to cook when  you read this. Ms Clayton does a fantastic job with her food. 

Purchase Links



Amazon AU / US 

No comments:

Post a Comment