Wednesday, July 1, 2015

**REVIEW** Kissing in Cars (The Kiss and Make Up Series #1) by Sara Ney


Reviewer: Liz


Rating: 4 Stars


Blurb


Will she, or won't she... 

Studious and (mostly) sensible, the only thing Molly Wakefield wants to do is get through Senior Year and graduate. Well, that and hit the beach in her spare time. Okay, fine - and go shopping every once in a while for a new dress... (and who could blame her?) 

And things are going according to plan - until the day she spies Weston McGrath, handsome star athlete and scholar, spying on her in study hall. 

A tad creepy? Maybe. 
Thrilling? Absolutely. 

You see, Weston McGrath happens to be one guy no one can get close to. 

Despite her best efforts to avoid it (because let's face it - the guy isn't exactly "boyfriend material") Mollly and Weston form a friendship. 
And more.... 
Sort of. 
But it's a friendship that comes with a price - because Weston just cannot seem to stop screwing things up. Or saying all the wrong things. Possibly in that order... 
And who has time for an 18 year old "fixer-upper" that should know better?
Not Molly. 
Or does she? 

This is book one and includes chapter one of book two, Ke Kissed Me First. This book is a stand-alone with no cliffhanger. Note: This YA book is intended for 17+ due to the vulgar language used by its male characters (and occasionally the females as well, even though they're too lady like to do it throughout the entire book). Some adult sexual situations that steam up a few car windows. This title is approx. 63,000 words.

Review


Such a sweet and light hearted young adult read. I really enjoyed this story watching the relationship between Weston and Molly grow. There were parts that took me back to my teenage dating days, the waiting for texts and excited teenage girls, it brought a smile to my face. The characters are well developed although I think if Jenna was my friend she would drive me nuts.

It did take me about 2 chapters to get into it. I felt there might have been too much description of things that may not have been needed to be so descriptive, but all over a good story.

This is the first book I’ve read from this author and I’m happy to say it won’t be my last. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and review.

Purchase Link





No comments:

Post a Comment