Sunday, February 8, 2015

*REVIEW* Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers, #1) by Kathryn Andrews

Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers, #1)
 
Reviewer: Angie
Rating: 5 Stars
 
http://magicwithinthepages.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-drops-of-rain-by-kathryn-andrews.html
"Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life with a clearer view again."
 
I loved this quote from Drops of Rain. I truly believe that we all need to cry once in a while, to rid our bodies of all the negativity/toxicity in our bodies. How long can someone hold all that grief, fear, guilt, or anger inside before it consumes them and changes who they are? Ali and Drew are two people that have more reasons, than most, to cry, but they somehow keep it inside, trying to be strong. It isn't until they find each other that they find the strength to let someone else in. They seem to have finally have found a path to happiness, but sometimes life has a way of throwing obstacles in our way.
 
I fell in love with the Hale brothers, Drew, Beau, and Matt, and Ali. The Hale family is hiding a family secret that so many hide and I was drawn into their shame and fear. Ali, who needs someone to be there for her, ends up being the savior for this family. I highly recommend this YA/NA series. I have already added Starless Nights (#2) and Unforgettable Sun (#3) to my TBR. I can't wait to find out what life has in store for the other Hale brothers.
Ali Rain
Sometimes I think to myself, "How did I get here?" Then the pain hits and I remember...it's because she's gone. I now live in a new town, go to a new school, and I'm supposed to be moving on with my new life. Only, I no longer know who I am anymore. Dancing is all I have left and every day I feel completely alone. Silence has become the theme song to my life. She said to find some joy and light, but I don't know how. Mostly, I feel surrounded in darkness...that is until I meet him.
 
Drew Hale
I have only one goal, in 298 days I'm going to drive away from this small beach town and never return. People are always watching me closely, too close, and I'm tired of wearing a mask. I need to be free. Swimming is my ticket out of here and I remind myself daily to fly under the radar, stick to my routine, and under no circumstances let anything distract me. I'm not as perfect as they think, most days I am drowning in guilt. I'm not sure I will ever be able to escape the feelings of shame, worthlessness, and just being unwanted...that is until I meet her. 
 
http://www.amazon.com/Drops-Rain-Hale-Brothers-Book-ebook/dp/B00MKK5AGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423452429&sr=8-1&keywords=drops+of+rain

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote too...it's so true!! Now I have to check out the book, I'm a sucker for family secrets :)

    ReplyDelete