Friday, November 22, 2013

*REVIEW* 'Mirage (The Destined Series)' by Ashley Suzanne

 
 
~Synopsis~
 
Mira and Kylee meet Danny and Skylar during freshmen orientation, their first week of college. Two sets of best friends embark on a new adventure together, forming life long bonds. Mira and Danny are looking forward to their future as husband and wife.
Everything is going according to plan, until tragedy strikes them on graduation night leaving three broken people to pick up the pieces. Skylar has always stood in the background, watching his best friend begin a life with the woman he’s always been in love with until he can no longer keep a distance.
Right when Mira thinks her life is back on track it spirals out of control. What if everything you thought you knew was nothing more than a mirage?
 
 
~Review~
 
Reviewer: Kaylene
 
Rating: 4 Stars
 
Well, well, well, well !!!  Um, holy mother of god and geez, that ending.  So I don’t want to give anything away in my review, so I won’t, but let me reiterate .. holy mother of god what the hell just happened? I’m speechless and I need a minute or two .....
 
Okay, so basically the story starts and is about Mira and her fiancé Danny.  Unfortunately it’s not too long and the bubble is burst when Danny is killed in a motorcycle accident.  Mira, after a struggling with her loss tries to move on and finally realises that she cares for Danny’s best friend Skylar. There is a lot of flashbacks throughout the book, which in some cases I liked but in others just plain annoyed me (hence the four star rating).  Mira is all over the place in the book, as you would probably expect seeing as she lost the love of her life.  I won’t say much else but I did feel for Mira’s boss Jacoby. I really liked him in the story and was kinda rooting for him to get his girl, he seemed like such a great guy and was totally besotted by her.
 
This book was great and I enjoyed reading it.  There were some issues with grammar and switching from first to third person.  However it is well worth the read.  Well done Ashley Suzanne, the ending threw me completely.
 
 
~Purchase Link~
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment