Tuesday, August 26, 2014

* REVIEW * - Wildcard Volume One by Missy Johnson


Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 4.5 Stars




A bad boy male POV, a fun book with a great story... 

Wildcard is the first volume in a three part series from Missy Johnson.  This is my first read for Missy Johnson and it really was a fabulous book all round.  It made me laugh, it made me feel sad and it also made me feel for a very bad, cocky and arrogant Ryder Stevens, who is a world, top ranking tennis player. 

Basically, Ryder is a bored tennis player and just needs something else in his life other than the scores of women that he beds and his tennis life.  He has bedded over two hundred and forty six women in the past twelve months alone and the story starts out showing him as this player (literally) and I most definitely did not like his character, however as the story moves forward I really liked him ... a lot. 
 
He has a hot tub injury, and he ends up with a very embarrassing injury which seems to help to tame him.  Laid up after the injury, he is bored and starts reading through his fan mail, but after just a few of the many love letters, he gives up.  However, he finds one single letter from a very sick child fan, who is anything but complimentary towards Ryder.  After reading the letter he makes contact with the young boy and by doing so meets his mother Scarlett.  They build a rapport after a few phone calls and of course things start to happen.  

There is one laugh out loud moment in the book, where I just about spat my coffee out across my Kindle.  It was hilarious and you will know when you reach it.   However, there were others too, where I smiled, it’s just that kind of book.

I loved reading about the attraction between Ryder and Scarlett as it bloomed between them and how it changed Ryder.  They make a lovely couple.

There is a freaking cliff hanger at the end, which I absolutely did not see coming, and I am now clamouring for the next book in the series.  This book was great and I am absolutely itching for book three in this series.

 I gave this book 4.5 stars, go grab yourself a copy, I can thoroughly recommend it.

*I was offered a copy of this book by the Author for an honest opinion and review.*




 246.

That's the number of women I've shagged in the last twelve months.

I'm Ryder Stevens.

Don't pretend you don't know me. I'm a god.

I'm hot, I'm British and I take what I want. I'm also the number one ranked tennis player in the world. But it's my off court antics that gain the most attention. I cruise through life, running from one scandal to the next. Hell, I can't even take a piss without the world knowing about it.

Rules? Who gives a shit?

Rules are there to be broken and I'm the king of breaking them.

But even the king can be brought to his knees. I'm sidelined with an injury that changes everything. 

Maybe my life isn't so perfect after all...



No link available – Volume One release date 4 September 2014
Volume Two release date late September 2014
Volume Three release date early October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment