Sunday, January 5, 2014

*REVIEW* "Burning Up (Bound Together #2)" by Marie Coulson

 
Reviewer: Donna
 
Rating: 4 Stars

So this book starts off with Layla going to New York to tell Jared that she wants to be with him and she chooses him. The problem is Layla hates the way Jared is with her. He is Possessive, domineering, treats her like a child and doesn't let her go anywhere without a chaperone but she loves him. Their love is so complicated but she chose him over Ollie, even though she says she loves Ollie too.
In this book I found Layla so infuriating most of the most as she doesn't seem really to know who she wants and I got halfway through the book when I started detested her a bit. I was gutted at the end of Bound Together as i wanted her to be with Ollie. The romantic, sexy rock star but I hated it when she keeps flitting from one to the other. I did shout at my book repeatedly when she made the wrong choices, which was quite a bit but the book did get better towards the end. I don't want to give the ending away but it has made me excited to see what happens in the next book Coming Down. I had so many types of emotions running through me reading this book as there were a few moments i had tears in my eyes.
I can't say I liked it better than Bound Together or Last Christmas as this one left me feeling shattered with the amount of emotions I have felt while reading this book. Good book and I'm really glad the story hasn't ended but I just hope that Layla stops being so nieve.

Scorching heat...

Erotic pleasure...

Intense passion...

Layla Jennings thought she had it all figured out. The right time, the right place and the right guy.
After leaving behind her life and friends in Long Beach, Layla must now walk the path she has chosen, hand in hand with the man who holds her heart.

As the flame of love continues to burn brightly, she discovers more about herself and the man she loves every day. But what happens if the fire goes out? What happens when half of your heart is across an ocean?

With the other man in her life unwilling to give up his fight for her, and a danger she is too blind to see, Layla must battle between the safe and steady journey she has embarked on and the one that leads to destinations unknown

http://www.amazon.com/Burning-Bound-Together-Marie-Coulson-ebook/dp/B00GDCXPWO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1388914652&sr=1-1&keywords=burning+up

No comments:

Post a Comment