Thursday, January 30, 2014

*SERIES BLAST* " Ruby Lake Series" by Sherrill Willis


Ruby Lake Series Blast

Sherrill Willis

 
 
Sherrill Willis is the author of the much loved Ruby Lake series. Ruby Lake is the first book which was published originally in 2011, but was re-released after being professionally edited in 2013.

The second novel in the series, A Wedding in Ruby Lake, was released on 8/16/12, and the third, Stay A While in Ruby Lake, was released on 12/12/13. Sherrill lives in northern Wisconsin with her two sons, and - in addition to writing which is her passion - enjoys reading, meeting friends for coffee and loves talking to her readers!!
 

~Ruby Lake #1~

Sydney Myers has been through several failed relationships in the past year, in addition to several other trauma's, and is now giving up on finding her knight in dented armor. When her boss sends her to Ruby Lake, a small, rural town in northern Wisconsin, the last thing she was looking for was love at first sight, not to mention a place in the world where she finally fits. Add in her city-savvy best friend, a jealous ex-girlfriend, a famous father, and a coffee shop full of off-the wall characters, and it becomes more challenging for Sydney to manage than a spinning plate competition.
When disaster strikes close to home, Sydney is left with the unbearable choice of her family, or the life she has always dreamed of. Come with Sydney on her journey and laugh, cry and rediscover why some choices are not really choices at all, they are simply fate.

~Purchase Links~

 

~Excerpt~

 
“Really? What were you doing about twenty minutes ago? And don’t tell me you were thinking, I know what your ‘thinking’ face is. Besides, we’re leaving Saturday, and we are staying at the hotel until then so it’s not like I am going to get a chance at him anyway. I was just commenting on how cute he is.” Illana folded her arms over her chest and stuck her chin out at Sydney. “At least I’m honest about it, unlike some people.”
“What do you want me to say?” Sydney threw her arms up in frustration. “Yes, I think Zeke is hot, like burn-me-at-the-stake kind of hot. The man brought me a perfect cup of coffee while I was sleeping. Who does that? I almost spilled my coffee this afternoon when Betty told me he called her to find out how I like my coffee. So, yeah, I want him. How could I not? I mean, the only thing that would make him sexier is a gold-hoop earring! My heart does jumping jacks whenever he walks into the room,” At Illana’s wide-eyed look, Sydney said, “and he’s standing right behind me, isn’t he?”
“Yeah, but don’t stop now, especially if you’re going to do jumping jacks,” Zeke said, leaning against the door jam and wearing a very satisfied grin. 
 
 
 

 A Wedding in Ruby Lake #2

 
A Wedding in Ruby Lake finds Sydney Myers and Zeke Greyson planning the perfect wedding, only to receive several unexpected, but not unwanted, houseguests. Illana Garet, Sydney’s city-savvy best friend, decides to come rather unexpectedly as does Zeke’s friend Tyler Shepard. They both arrive just in time to be embroiled into a new threat which proves to be far more dangerous than anyone at first had believed. The attraction between Alex, Zeke’s brother, and Illana deepens and Illana finds it hard to keep her well-maintained defenses in place. Annie “Attila the bun” Greyson is also back, but with a few surprises of her own.
From the meddling ladies at the local coffee shop, the Stay a While, to the machinations of a psychopath, A Wedding in Ruby Lake is full of ups and downs, twists and turns, and a few new characters to get to know. Join the Ruby Lake gang as they find out, mostly the hard way, that sometimes walls need to be torn down in order for a better foundation to be built.

~Purchase Links~

 

~Excerpt~

 
Illana walked quickly into her room and grabbed her black clutch purse, opening it to drop her cell phone in it. She checked her hair, red tipped today, and makeup one last time in the mirror above the dresser and then walked out the door, pulling it shut quietly so as not to wake the other houseguest. Turning around, she ran smack into his chest.
“Ow, hi, I didn’t hear you get up. Did we wake you?” she asked, her face turning pink as she looked at Tyler.
“No, I’ve been up for hours actually,” Tyler said, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. “Just so you know, my heart has already been spoken for. But if it wasn’t, you’d be very fun to chase…and catch.”
Illana felt a pang of disappointment, and a wave of relief. “Ha, like you’d catch me to begin with. I never date men who are prettier than me.”
 
 

Stay A While in Ruby Lake #3

 
After a shooting incident—which left Sydney Greyson and her new sister-in-law, Annie Greyson, injured—the residents of Ruby Lake now face more difficulties than ever before. Sydney is left trying to navigate a new marriage and the upcoming arrival of her twins, while dealing with the fear that shadows her every waking moment. Annie is coming to terms with a life drastically different than the one she had hoped for, and makes some painful decisions regarding who will be in her life and who she must let go. Illana Garet will have to make some tough choices, and will gain and lose much during the process. Meanwhile, the women at the local coffee shop, the Stay a While, will do everything in their power to keep everyone’s spirits up, amid much laughter and love.
None of the members of the close-knit group in Ruby Lake will be left unscathed in the upcoming events that will shape them all. Come with them to celebrate the joys and grieve the losses that touch us all. Join them to find out why so many choose to Stay a While in Ruby Lake.

~Purchase Links~

 

~Excerpt~

 
“Stop yelling, I’m awake, for goodness sake,” Diana said, pulling her fancy new earbuds out of her ears.
Illana sat down, one hand on her chest. “You usually hear the door open, your face was so peaceful, I thought…”
Diana put a hand on Illana’s knee. “I know what you thought, and it is coming. I hope you don’t do that when I do go. When I go home, there won’t be any more pain. You must be brave, my girl, you must. There are so many things I want to say, do, see with you. I want to dance, I want to sing more songs, but we are running out of time. I want to say I love you a thousand more times, so much so it will soak into your skin and stain it. So you will have it forever.”
 

~Dreamcast~

 

~Contact The Author~

 
 
 

 

1 comment: