Sunday, March 30, 2014

* REVIEW * - Complete (Incomplete) by Lindy Zart



Reviewer : Angie
Rating : 5 Stars



Lindy Zart does such an amazing job, writing with surprising detail, that I felt like I knew these characters and might run into them on the street. The first book, Incomplete, was written from Grayson's POV, but this book, which takes place two years later, is written from Lily's POV. I sometimes wanted to lock both characters in a room until they came to their senses. They both try to do "what is right" for the other person, regardless of what the other person says. This story really takes the old saying, "If you love someone, set them free. If it's meant to be, they'll come back to you." But, is there a timeline for that? Can you ever really get back the relationship you had, getting over the hurt and bad feelings? Can you get over the other people in their lives?

I got really frustrated with Lily's insecurities, but it actually came from a place deep down inside of me. I was Lily as a teenager, with low self-esteem. I found myself, on more than one occasion, remembering what it was like to be a teenager/twenty-something, unsure about most of life. Job well done, Lindy Zart, in transporting me back to that time in my life.

I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review. I feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to read such an amazing book. I would highly recommend this book to anyone.



If the truth sets one free, why does Lily Jacobs feel so trapped?

She's learned doing the right thing isn't always best and now she is living the consequences of her greatest sacrifice. Every day since Grayson Lee left is one she wishes he hadn't. Years have gone by since their friendship turned to more and then was eradicated by Lily alone; enough time for their young love to fade. Only it hasn't, not for Lily.

Now he is back and seeing him is devastating to her at the same time it is rapture. She tries to accept that they cannot be together, but everything inside her shouts that they should be; that they only fit with each other. And so she has to accept the greatest truth of all: She loves him still. She loves him enough not to let him go this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment