Wednesday, March 5, 2014

* REVIEW * - Raw by Belle Aurora



Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 5 Stars



Gritty, compelling, awesome characters and an gripping story, what more would you want .... 

Author Note:  This is not a love story.  This is a story of love gone wrong.

Raw is the story of Twitch, a dark and damaged man who has found his way in life using illegal means to amass his fortune. He’s definitely not a good man, and yet as you read the story you see that there is some good lurking inside him.  In comes Alexa (Lexi) a sweet young woman, also slightly damaged by her childhood but has made good. She has a great job, fabulous friends and an all round pretty good life.  

This story is not a love story although at times you think it is and then you start to wonder about the characters and what they are thinking, in particular you wonder why Alexa is even interested in a man who basically stalks her for before he becomes known to her.  She always knew he was there but she didn’t seem to be afraid of him.  The story reads from dual POV which does help the storyline along and it moves quite quickly.

Parts of the story were hard to read, you really want to love Twitch and you do end up doing that but he is definitely a ruthless bad man, covered in tattoos and very damaged.  Lexi, even though she knows how completed damaged he is still wants him and she just can’t seem to get enough of him.  As the author stated this is a story of love gone wrong and the ending is very different. 

 I kind of wish there was a follow up book to help with all the unanswered questions, because the ending left me wanting more.  I found this review hard to write and usually I can knock them out quickly.  I think the reason is that I wanted to do the book justice because I really liked it but I felt there was so much more to this story.  Shock endings are good, no doubt and I love them sometimes but now I am sitting here wondering what, why, how, will he .... I just don’t know and may never know!  I give this book 5 stars and feel that it was a very entertaining read with so much going for it.



***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true.

The world makes way for those who know where they are going.

That’s me.

I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him.

I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel.

It’s unconventional.

But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.

So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment