Wednesday, July 30, 2014

* REVIEW * - The Broken Parts of Us (The Broken #2) by Ker Dukey


Reviewer : Reanna
Rating : 4.5 Stars



I really enjoyed this book and although it probably could be read as a stand alone I strongly recommend reading it in order. I feel like the first book really allows you to connect to the characters and definitely helped me to understand more of how their history shaped their lives. River, Sammy and Michael are secondary characters in the grand scheme of the book they still play a major part in the story, Derek, Jasper, and the new characters of Kyra and Hannah hold the most weight in The Broken Parts of Us, I enjoyed both revisiting the characters and meeting the new characters.

This books was an emotional roller coaster for me, there were times I wanted to laugh and definitely times I could have cried. I really felt like I could connect with the characters, I felt their pain, anger and fear along with the moments of true happiness and contentment. Although I had problems with Hannah as a characters and the way Jasper dealt with the situation I generally liked the rest of the characters (except for the bad guy of course).

I will say the way these books were written with switching POV's between chapters could be a little confusing if you're not paying attention to the titles as it's all written in the first person so if you don't know who's chapter it is you could get a little lost. I really don't think it could be written any other way though, the author did an excellent job telling these characters stories and making you feel like you lived it with them. Although there is the romance element and in this case a menage I also found these books to be fairly dark because of all the struggles, I would not classify this as a light read but definitely a book worth reading.


Some people search their whole life for a connection -- a reason to be here, and feel life in all of its intensity.. But what if you never wanted to experience that emotion? 

Jasper lived his life coldly determined never to fall in love. Some people impact your life in a moment, but will stay in your life forever. What if an irresistible force crashes into you -- not once, but twice, and from a totally unexpected source? 

Jasper must overcome past demons that are still plaguing him and his friends. He must face future choices he never knew he would have to make. Sexual chemistry can come in all forms. When the lines blur between friendship, love and lust, a new darkness finds its way into their lives. Either these relationships survive or die forever broken...in The Broken Parts of Us.



No comments:

Post a Comment