Saturday, July 26, 2014

*REVIEW* Trust by Terry Towers


Reviewer: Donna
Rating: 5 Stars


I didn't know how to feel about this book at the beginning. Mainly because it's about an organisation that kidnaps girl/women, train them as sex slaves and sell them to the highest bidders. This is what happened to the main character, Gwen, a cheerleader from college that had it all. A great family and a boyfriend that she wasn't really sure about but was still with when she gets abducted. She meets Lance, the son of The Boss. He seems completely different than the rest of the men there. All the rest treated the women like rubbish and didn't mind punishing them if that acted out of turn. From here, it becomes intense. They are drawn to each other and their attraction to one another is scorching hot but he works for the organisation! There relationship becomes really twisted as they are falling in love with one another and Lance will do anything to keep her safe. 

I didn't know how to feel about Lance or their relationship. It kept me gripped though and i was always anxious to know where this story was going. Very well written and i loved how descriptive it was. I felt like i could picture every little detail and maybe that's why i had such a strong reaction to the story. Truly truly brilliant and it definitely deserves 5 Stars and maybe more if I'm honest. I have to recommend this book as this book sends the reader on a truly emotional and confusing journey. Truly brilliant!    


Gwen 

When I close my eyes and manage to block out the horrors going on around me and ignore the aches and pain in virtually every inch of my body, I can still hear the cheers of the audience as I’m lifted into the air by my teammates. For those few brief moments as I remember toppling from the top of the pyramid I feel like I’m flying, I’m free and nothing can hurt me. 

But, I was wrong… 

How long would it take before they stopped missing me; stopped looking; before I was forgotten about completely? A month? Six months? A year? I’m no longer a person. I’m a commodity. 

Lance 

I have a plan, years in the making. It’s perfect – foolproof. All I need is to keep myself focused on the big picture – my ultimate goal. But then she arrived… 

She tests my patience and my will. She angers and frustrates me, making the darkness within scream to be released. I want to ignore her, but I can’t. I need to let her go, but can’t seem to allow her to be sent away. 

She’s going to ruin everything… 

 Amazon US




No comments:

Post a Comment