Friday, April 11, 2014

*REVIEW* "Crow's Row (Crow's Row #1)" by Julie Hockley


Reviewer: Liz
Rating: 5 Stars

5 FREAKIN FANTASTIC STARS
Crow’s Row is about Emily Sheppard a rich girl who prefers to have nothing to do with her parents and their money so she slums it going to an average college and works to pay her rent and get her own food. The reason behind her choosing this place was its where her brother Bill was buried and she wouldn’t want to be anywhere else even though he is gone she still wants to be close to him. After she is tripped by a big slobbery dog she meets his owner a mysterious guy whom she later learns his name as Cameron who she see’s murdering someone. She is taken and gets to know her captors and soon learns that Cameron is the king pin of the Drug Underworld. Emily aka Emmy finds out Cameron is keeping things from her.
To say I LOVED this book is an understatement; I can’t seem to find the right words for Crow’s Row. It had me captured right from the start and I couldn’t put it down. I read the old version and the newly edited one and it is still FANTASTIC in every way. It gave me one sucker punch to the gut and threw wicked curve balls in every direction throughout the book and even reading it through for the second time and I knew what was coming and it still made me nervous and scared but still not prepared for that punch.
I love all the characters. Emily and Cameron’s friendship/relationship slowly grows. Cameron is a hard nut to crack sometimes and I was like “What the heck are you doing?”. I loved Kid aka Rocco the youngster with such a vibrant happy personality he makes me smile whenever he shows his face in the book. Oh and I can’t forget Griff who is a guard at the house Cameron and his Crew occupy him and Emmy build a good friendship. There is also Spider who is Cameron’s second in charge and Carly who looks after the books and cash flow. I like Carly but I can’t say much for Spider he always seemed unhappy or angry. There’s always gotta be a hater.
I won’t lie when I first read this book I have never had a book leave me so frustrated and annoyed but that being said it was only because I didn’t get what I wanted, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the next one Scare Crow. I love this book it is one of my favorites. Julie Hockley you have done an amazing job at catching your readers hearts, well mine anyway. I love your work and will continue to purchase any and all of your books. This is one I want in paperback to have forever on my book shelves. I highly recommend this book and whenever people ask me what a good book to read is I always recommend this one. Thanks Julie!

For college student Emily Sheppard, the thought of spending a summer alone in New York is much more preferable than spending it in France with her parents. 


Just completing her freshman year at Callister University, Emily faces a quiet summer in the city slums, supporting herself by working at the campus library.
During one of her jogs through the nearby cemetery while visiting her brother Bill’s grave, Emily witnesses a brutal killing—and then she blacks out. When Emily regains consciousness, she realizes she’s been kidnapped by a young crime boss and his gang. 

She is hurled into a secret underworld, wondering why she is still alive and for how long.

Held captive in rural Vermont, she tries to make sense of her situation and what it means. While uncovering secrets about her brother and his untimely death, Emily falls in love with her very rich and very dangerous captor, twenty- six-year-old Cameron. She understands it’s a forbidden love and one that won’t allow her to return to her previous life. 

But love may not be enough to save Emily when no one even knows she is missing.




No comments:

Post a Comment