Monday, April 7, 2014

* REVIEW * - Twisted (The Tangled Series) by Emma Chase



Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 5 Stars



Not what I expected, but devoured the book quickly... oh the joys of miscommunication and the terrible results it creates.

Twisted is the second book in the Tangled series by Emma Chase.  I absolutely could not wait to read this book, although I did wait until I was finished reading some other review books hence why it was read a week or two after release.

 Where Tangled was written purely from the male perspective, Twisted is written from the female perspective although we do see some of Drew’s POV toward the end.

This book was not what I expected, it was slightly on the serious side and certainly not as funny as Tangled.   However in saying that I did totally enjoy it and devoured it quickly.   There is still a lot of fun through the book and of course some hot moments to enjoy but I did miss Drew’s perspective, after all being is Drew’s head is a very interesting ride.

Kate’s POV was great but it wasn't Drew but that didn't seem to take away from the book at all and I think she was funny and of course she helped you understand what she was feeling. This story absolutely needed to be written from Kate’s POV after what happened with Drew.   I can’t really say much more because I don’t want to give away precious storyline but it was a very difficult time for Kate.   I would've love to have know what went through Drew’s head during the time they were apart because basically he cracks me the hell up.  I kept waiting for Drew to sweep in like a knight in shining armour but it didn't happen and then I knew that Drew had royally screwed up this time.

This book was full of angst, drama, extreme sadness, miscommunication, seriously hard choices and some very difficult moments.  The book for me, although definitely not as good as Tangled because that book was epic and is hard to follow, but was still fantastic.   I loved the story, I liked Kate’s POV and I loved the epilogue as it was written from Drew’s POV.  I give this book 5 stars even though it most definitely wasn't as good as Tangled - it was different and therefore still deserves the rating.



There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I've always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment