Tuesday, April 8, 2014

*REVIEW* "Desolate (Immortal Rose Prequel Trilogy #1)" by Amy Miles


Reviewer: Angie
Rating: 4 Stars

This is NOT your dreamy vampire book. This is the dark side of that life. This is the story of evil beings that take what they want and enjoy it all the more if you show fear or weakness. I will admit that I normally would not choose to read something so dark, but I was drawn in by the beautiful writing style of Amy Miles. While the scenes were upsetting to read, somehow I felt this would be, more than likely, a truer depiction of the vampire life.

I felt for Roseline from the beginning, hoping, page after page, for some light, some moment that would give Roseline (and myself) reason to believe there was some good left in her life. The only reason I am giving this 4 stars, instead of 5, is that there wasn't any hope for the first half of the book, which was a little to long for me, as the reader, to be in such despair. I guess I could look at it as just a way for the reader to feel the despair Roseline was going through, but I found it hard to do and almost turned away from an incredible book. I will being reading the next in the series because I HAVE to know what happens next.

DESOLATE: Book 1 of the Immortal Rose Trilogy
A prequel to the Arotas Series (Forbidden, Reckoning, Redemption and Evermore)

A wedding massacre. An innocence stolen. Mortality stripped away.

In a single night, everyone Roseline Dragomirhas ever loved is slaughtered before her eyes. Alone in the world and bound by a solemn marriage vow to a vicious murderer, she must find a strength buried deep within her to keep going or risk completely losing herself.

When a mysterious stranger crosses her path, Roseline will discover that not all immortals are evil. Some even bear emotional scars that run just as deep as her own.

Will she uncover a will not just to survive...but to fight back?

***DESOLATE is the first book of the prequel trilogy to my YA paranormal romance AROTAS trilogy. This book contains elements that may be sensitive for some YA readers. Please download a sample before purchasing this book to ensure it is suitable for your teen***



No comments:

Post a Comment