Wednesday, February 19, 2014

* REVIEW * - Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2) by Pepper Winters



Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 5 Stars



Blown away by this story, this is a book I love to hate …

Quintessentially Q is the next book in the series Monsters in the Dark.  I first read Tears of Tess which opened my eyes to a new genre of book that I was not familiar with - a totally twisted dark romance.  I battled with Tears of Tess in a way that I have never felt before when reading a book of this calibre.   The battle raged inside me for most of the read and at times I just had to put it down and have a rest from the rollercoaster ride of feelings, emotions and resentment at the characters and the storyline.   That being said, I also couldn’t stop reading it. It was awesome and a must read, but beware you may find yourself reading until the small hours of the morning and having a mighty fine book hangover.

This story continues with Tess as the esclave and Q the dominating master or as Tess calls him her monster in the dark.   This book has everything, it was hauntingly good, it gripped me from the beginning to the end, even if I did have to have a rest occasionally, it broke my heart and shattered it into a million pieces and then put it back together again only for it to shatter again, it was as passionate as it was disturbing, it was cringe worthy but mostly it was unforgettable.   I am totally speechless and I really am finding it hard to put into words how I feel about this book and the writer.  I loved these books, I would give them more than five stars if I could and I was obsessed with devouring this book as quickly as my brain could absorb the words.

While I am still trying to get my emotions back into the state they were before I finished this book, and the fact that this book has plunged me into a world of darkness that I never saw coming, I am grateful to Pepper Winters for writing such a fantastic sequel to an awesome series of books.  To say I am looking forward to the next book in the series would be an understatement.



“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.




No comments:

Post a Comment