Sunday, June 8, 2014

* REVIEW * - Falling Sky (Blue Phoenix #2) by Lisa Swallow


Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 5 Stars



Another awesome book in the series, Lisa Swallow is fast becoming one of my favourite authors ...

Falling Sky is the second book in the Blue Phoenix series of books by Lisa Swallow.  In the first book Sky Davis meets bad boy rocker Dylan Morgan, who is struggling with his fame and is sick of his life in general. Sky turns his world upside down and he falls head over heels in love with her
.
As soon as I finished book one, I really wanted to read on but as with any good series a little waiting was involved and to be honest, I’m glad I did because this book was well worth the wait.  In the second book we really learn a lot more about the other characters (or band members) and the book talks about these characters and fills us in on where their lives are heading as well.  I felt sorry for them, but frustrated with them as well.  I can’t really say much because that would just ruin the book, but I can say that I was very interested in their storylines.  Of course, this is because the series will continue with stories about the rest of the Blue Phoenix boys.

What I did like .. the story moves along well and I found it hard to put down. I liked the characters and their development. I liked Sky's independence and her sensible outlook. I love Dylan, he is hot, sexy and romantic.  I loved the way he proposed, and I love the way they search for shells on the beach (it all seems so very normal in their crazy world). I loved how normal Sky was and how she brought “normal” to Dylan’s world. But mostly I loved the undeniable attraction and love that Dylan showed Sky whenever he could.

What I didn’t like .. nothing !! It was another perfect book from an author who is fast becoming one of my favourites.


Well done Lisa Swallow on another wonderful story, that had me turning the pages and wanting to finish, but sometimes life gets in the way and I wasn't able to finish it in one sitting.  This book is definitely a five star plus book for me.



Sky’s world is turned upside down when she met rock star Dylan Morgan, and exploded when she discovered his hidden past.

Four months after Sky learns Dylan’s devastating secret, she’s trying to piece her life back together. Without an explanation from Dylan, Sky has no choice but to try and forget him.

Dragged back into the life he ran from, Dylan continues to spiral downwards as he copes with his fame the only way he knows how. Shattered by the revelation Sky knows his darker past, he forces himself to return to England and explain.

Sky and Dylan reconnect, attempting to build on the shaky foundations of their summer. But the outside world continues to conspire against them.

Taking place in the epicentre of the Blue Phoenix world, Sky and Dylan’s story continues amongst the chaos surrounding the band and its members.



No comments:

Post a Comment